Education Specialist (R16-35)
Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 08/15/16
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill an Education Specialist (Producer) position located in Albany, NY. The successful candidate will be responsible for production management for field acquisition, script development, scheduling, talent and live broadcast.
Description of Duties:
- Develop content and educational materials for video products.
- Develop content driven script for video products.
- Conceptualize roll-ins; develop shooting script for field production, research and develop pre-produced demonstration roll-ins.
- Plan and manage field shoots; troubleshoot production problems that arise in the field, prepare field production shoot list by analyzing content/concept.
- Develop paper and electronic edit (video and audio) prior to studio production.
- Act as producer for designated OCFS video products.
- Manage and maintain multiple task timeline.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in an appropriate field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Position requires a high degree of independence and autonomy, the ability to make sound judgments and a high degree of interaction with the public and project funders.
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Demonstrated experience in writing in a manner that is accessible by audiences with varying education levels, engaging and precise.
- The applicant should be prepared to submit a writing sample and, if applicable, a demo tape at the interview.
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in an appropriate field.
- Experience in development of distance learning, related to social service issues.
- Experience in adult education or training.
- On-camera experience.
Salary Range: Mid $40s.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"):http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.