Help Desk Administration
Albany, NY - Posted on: Friday 09/16/16
The Help Desk Administrator helps provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and support the internal IT helpdesk. They are responsible for administration and internal support of the Company’s PC’s, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT desk
- Monitor Service Desk for tickers assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software
- Document internal procedures
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive and any additional specialized equipment
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
- Preform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business, Communications or related field
- 2 Years of relevant technical experience
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Autotask is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Autotask about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Autotask via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Autotask; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Autotask as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.