IT - Clinical Application Engineer
Lake Success, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 06/21/16
ProHEALTH is one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and we have been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. Along with outstanding physician leadership, state-of-the art technology and advanced clinical laboratories, ProHEALTH patients enjoy comprehensive and superior medical services.
POSITION SUMMARY: Clinical Application - Engineer
The Clinical Application - Engineer role is related to support & configuration activities for support all enterprise of Practice Management & EHR/EMR applications. This will include and, is not limited to, support of end user client/server related workflow & installation/configuration server/client applications. Responsible for handling maintenance tasks, system application upgrades, and repair activity related to PM/EMR applications.
This position will also be a part of the Information Systems Department's Application Services team and responsible for the day-to-day operations and support of the Clinical Systems and Applications. In general, will provide on-going improvements, enhancements, updates and modifications to existing clinicalsystems and applications. The candidate will assist Information Systems and Communications Departments deliver upon commitments for centers of excellence in our healthcare operations. Improves customer acceptance, satisfaction and understanding of technology, including the clinical unit productivity with applications and systems; serves as department liaison in terms of customer education and communications. At all times maintains good relations with all physicians, staff members and vendors, and follows Best Practices and principles.
1. This position requires an excellent working and technical knowledge of relevant business and clinical computer operating systems and all phases of clinical systems and applications. Knowledge of and experience with relevant systems and applications in operations is required.
2. This position prefers a Bachelor's degree in a related field and four-six years of full-time applicable experience or six to eight years in relevant technical position with emphasis on clinical systems and applications, including analysis, support, and implementation.
3. This position prefers at least four (4) years of systems analyst, programming, or support experience in an enterprise environment supporting highly complex systems and applications.
4. As Clinical App Engineer - Understanding of the use and operation of computer hardware, clinical application-related software, and systems procedures are a must. Knowledge of AIX, Linux, Windows MS 2008R2/2012
5. Experience and expertise in all aspects of Systems Development and Lifecycle Support design and deployment, including analysis, design, testing, and implementation is highly desirable. Working knowledge of project management is highly desirable.
6. Must have experience with Windows operating systems, as well as be proficient in Microsoft Office's Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
7. Must have experience at installing client-server applications, configuring, and using windows device drivers for client-server installations.
8. Experience in project management and demonstrated ability to take a project through all phases of implementation as well as post- implementation follow-up is highly desirable.
9. Experience managing systems and applications a must.
10. Experience performing user requirements, statistical analysis, as well as planning and troubles hooting skills are a must.
All interested, qualified candidates please submit resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ProHEALTH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.