Staff Assistant, Center for Leadership & Service
Albany, NY - Posted on: Friday 08/26/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Center will offer leadership programming and consulting open to the entire study body and targeted populations while providing an educational model of leadership development to the university community. One of the premier programs emanating from this new center will be an elective Leadership Certificate program, which integrates pedagogy and practice, including hands-on activities, classroom learning, and skills development. Additional programs are expected to include short, skills-based courses, peer leadership advisors, an alumni leadership-mentoring program, leadership living and learning communities as well as development of an interdisciplinary Leadership minor. The Center will also be a clearinghouse for service opportunities for students and work collaboratively with our Community and Public Service Program.
The Staff Assistant of the Center for Leadership & Service will be responsible for:
- Development of and staffing for the Center for Leadership & Service Resource Center including training peer leaders to serve as mentors in the Center and working on developing a Center for Leadership section of EAPS 457 Peer Leadership course
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the Involvement Record/Pathways to Success
- Work with other units in Student Affairs and beyond to coordinate the implementation of the Pathways to Success Curriculum
- Collaborate with CPSP, Community Engagement and other campus entities to manage and promote Volunteer UAlbany Service opportunities
- Work with the Assistant Director to develop and administer leadership certification programs including presenting workshops on leadership development topics
- Managing technology and web updates for the Center and assist the Financial Manager with budget tracking
- Supervise student staff as appropriate
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a theoretical foundation in the principles and practices of leadership. Candidates must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, and the willingness to work and communicate effectively with diverse populations and as a team.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a US Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Masters degree in leadership education, higher education administration, student personnel or related field from a college or university accredited by a US Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Previous experience with fiscal management and a proficiency in the utilization of specialized technology in a student services setting
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant - SL-2
Closing date for applications will be September 27, 2016.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=75345
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.