- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Technical Supervisor
Albany, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 10/11/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
This is a full-time position with a 12 month obligation reporting to the Director of the Performing Arts Center (PAC). The PAC operates within the College of Arts and Sciences.
1) Providing event supervision for assigned events in the PAC and Page Hall as well as maintaining necessary communication with event organizers and Technical Operations Director to adequately provide for the events in the PAC and Page Hall
2) Providing event coordination for assigned events in the Performing Arts Center (PAC) and Page Hall at the direction of the Technical Operations Director as well as maintaining necessary communication between event organizers and the Technical Operations Director to adequately provide technical support for selected events in the PAC and Page Hall
3) Supervising technical setups for assigned events in the PAC and Page Hall, as assigned by the Technical Operations Director and PAC Director
4) Providing supervision (during events) and training of PAC student employees including Graduate Assistants, Temporary Service Employees and selected Student Assistant/Work Study students
5) Reporting facility/equipment problems and needs in the PAC and Page Hall to Technical Operations Director
6) Coordinating the usage and maintenance of the PAC equipment inventory and ensuring PAC and Page Hall storage facilities for this inventory are kept organized, efficient and secure
7) Acting as the main liaison with the Department of Music and Theatre
- A Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Previous technical theatre experience
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Theatre from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Stage management and/or house management experience
- Supervisory experience and experience working with the public
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
Closing date for receipt of applications: November 6, 2016
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=77155
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of three references
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.