Academic Coordinator for Student-Athlete Academic Svcs (2)
Albany, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 06/07/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The University at Albany invites applications for two full-time (12-month) positions as Academic Coordinator for Student-Athlete Academic Services within the Department of Athletics. The position's duties include but are not limited to, coordinating Athlete Study Plans, overseeing the Study Session Program, assisting with the Tutor Program, administering progress reports and class absence letters, and maintaining daily academic eligibility for all student-athletes. This position will advise both men's and women's teams, and will assist with general guidance to all student-athletes to enhance academic performance as well as assist in coordination of the Life Skills program and the supervision of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
- A Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Dept. of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- A minimum of two years' experience in collegiate academic support services, tutoring and/or academic counseling
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with culturally diverse populations.
- A Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Dept. of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Division I athletic experience
- Experience with Life Skills programming
- Experience with PeopleSoft programming
- Experience with GradesFirst
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
Closing date for receipt of applications: 30 days from posting
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=72445
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Name and contact information of three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.