- Becker Career Center
- Account Executive, FT Commission, WNYT/WNYA-TV, Sales-General, Albany, NY
Account Executive, FT Commission
Posted: 03/02/17 | SHARE:
WNYT-TV, Hubbard Broadcasting’s television station in Albany, New York, has an immediate opening for an experienced Sales Professional. If you are motivated by selling an excellent product, great compensation, and working with a talented team of professional, then NewsChannel 13 is the station for you.
The qualified candidate will be a highly energetic and motivated self-starter that possesses a customer-focused attitude and has strong presentation and closing skills. Media sales experience is a plus, but if you have previous outside sales experience and a winning attitude, we’ll supply the product knowledge. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Three to five years of outside sales experience in media, marketing or advertising.
- Proficient with MS Office and computer technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Proof of vehicle insurance coverage
The “Must Have” skill sets:
- Ability to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales budget goals, that include on-air and digital components
- Ability to make new contacts and deliver new business using a multi-platform approach.
- Ability to research a prospect, land the initial meeting and successfully interview the future client to uncover a true business need.
- Ability to create proposals and presentations that are clear and client-focused.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, business environment.
- Ability to get along and work closely with other departments including creative services, production and business.
- Ability to turn the “no” into a “yes” through persistence and dedication to growing the client’s business.
The following physical requirements are typical, but not all inclusive: Must work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines. Ability to work typically long hours in and out of the office.
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER