- Union College Home
- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
Albany, NY - Posted on: Friday 06/24/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
Information Technology Services is currently seeking an experienced Accounts Analyst to manage solutions in support of the University's Identity and Access Management Services. Our ideal candidate understands the concepts of role-based identities and life-cycles as well as federated identity systems. The individual will also develop a working knowledge of Forefront Identity Manager (FIM), the FIM Portal, and Hyena as the standard tool set and will be expected to become knowledgeable about the University's systems-of-record, business processes, and applications that support identity services.
The Accounts Analyst will work with many offices and constituencies such as Human Resources, the Registrar and Information Security and authorized University Departmental contacts in determining identity requirements.
- Manage and perform account administration activities within the Identity and Access Management team, including account and access provisioning, faculty and staff terminations, department transfers, student academic life cycles, and exception processing
- Maintain security controls for access to University information stored on the University's directory services. This includes removal of access and retention of records for urgent terminations, suspended/dismissed student, and litigation activities
- Coordinate the work related to the daily operations of the Identity and Access Management team for group access, including the creation and maintenance of departmental mailboxes, distribution groups, room calendars, file and web spaces, and student organization accounts
- Create and manage membership of the Active Directory groups that are not in the Forefront Identity Manager Portal
- Develop/maintain working knowledge of directory services, Microsoft's Forefront Identity Manager and Portal, Federated Services such as, InCommon, and Eduperson specifications as defined by EDUCAUSE
- Work with offices that are the data stewards for information vital to the success of Identity and Access Management Services controls. These include UAlbany Human Resources, Research Foundation Human Resources, and the Registrar
- Work with systems administrators and solution specialists to implement identity and access management solutions
- Provide second level support for the ITS HelpDesk and Office of Information Security to troubleshoot and resolve identity and access management questions and problems
- Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- 3 years of experience working in Information Technology
- Experience performing identity and access functions, such as account provisioning and de-provisioning
- Experience with Microsoft Access and Excel advanced features
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with wiki and web page development for internal and client documentation and forms development
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Work experience in higher education
- Experience working with Hyena to troubleshoot users, groups (both local and global), and shares within Active Directory
- Experience in the delivery of Federated Services and use of Eduperson criteria
- Understand the concepts of project management and change control
- Familiarity of ticket systems and email notifications to University constituents regarding management of accounts and access
- Experience in use of directory services, Microsoft's Forefront Identity Manager and Portal, Federated Services such as, InCommon, and Eduperson specifications as defined by EDUCAUSE
- Experience conducting training sessions
- Experience and confidence in professional presentations
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant, SL-3
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=70241
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: July 27, 2016