- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- ACF2 Security Specialist
ACF2 Security Specialist
New York, NY - Posted on: Monday 12/19/16
FISA is searching for an individual with extensive hands-on experience using CA's mainframe security software, ACF2. The selected candidate will be responsible for using ACF2 to control access to TSO (ISPF), application data, and system files including JCL libraries, program libraries, etc. The ACF2 support staff updates the ACF2 rules based on authorization from end-user agency security officers. Access is granted to sequential datasets, DB2 databases, IMS databases and transactions, LDAP, the CA-Scheduler, and systems services (e.g. JES2). The team maintains the groups to which new users are added or removed. When an upgrade is made to the ACF2 product, they are responsible for testing its success. ACF2 staff is on call with remote mainframe access to handle emergencies. Other areas of responsibility include documentation of product usage and procedures; installation of certificates; end-user recertification; password resets; review of access violations; reports detailing user access; rules libraries backup and restore; ongoing product education; conforming to industry standards for product use; training new staff.
Minimum Qual Requirements
(1) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time software experience in designing, programming, debugging, maintaining, implementing, and enhancing computer software applications, systems programming, systems analysis and design, data communication software, or database design and programming, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(2) A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six (6) years of full-time satisfactory software experience as described in “1" above, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(3) A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to (1) or (2) above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in (2) above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A masters degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of the required experience in (1) or (2) above. However, all candidates must have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of satisfactory full-time software experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project.
NOTE: In order to have your experience accepted as Project Leader or Major Contributor experience, you must explain in detail how your experience qualifies you as a project leader or as a major contributor. Experience in computer operations, technical support, quality assurance (QA), hardware installation, help desk, or as an end user will not be accepted for meeting the minimum qualification
To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level IV, in addition to the Qualification Requirements stated above, individuals must have one year of satisfactory experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project in data administration, database management systems, operating systems, data communications systems, capacity planning, and/or on-line applications programming.
• Strong experience using ACF2 mainframe security to create security profiles, establish user-ids, and reset passwords.
• Strong experience maintaining security certificates.
• Strong hands-on, in-depth knowledge of HR, Benefits, Pension, and Payroll business processes extensive experience working on an enterprise wide project in a large scale environment.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Experience in a mainframe environment utilizing the following: TSO, ISPF, and JCL.
• Strong oral, written, and organizational skills.
• Strong understanding of standard SDLC methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of technology advances and trends in the security area.
• In-depth understanding of information security policies/practices.
• Knowledge of regulatory and industry standard compliance issues.
• Strong technical and analytical skills.
• Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
• Familiarity with CA Scheduler, Workload Automation dSeries or similar tool.
• Experience with IMS and DB2.
• Familiarity with file transfer protocols such as FTPS and/or Connect:Direct.
• Strong understanding of standard SDLC methodologies.
• Familiarity with Rational Tools (ClearQuest and ClearCase).
• Experience with Remedy or similar ticketing system.
• Strong knowledge of MS-Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft People Tools.
TITLE SALARY RANGE:
HIRING RATE: $92,065
INCUMBENT RATE: $105,875
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 274880. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA.
FISA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.