- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Administrative Assistant
Bryn Mawr, PA - Posted on: Monday 08/15/16
Supervisor: Associate Dean, LILAC
Department: Leadership, Innovation, and the Liberal Arts Center (LILAC)
The Leadership, Innovation, and the Liberal Arts Center (LILAC) is an organization that houses the functional areas of civic engagement and career and professional development. LILAC provides experiential learning opportunities and programs for the undergraduate students.
This position will work to support the missions of: Career and Professional Development (CPD), which is to provide opportunities for students to maximize their liberal arts education, preparing them to make intentional decisions about their futures; Civic Engagement (CE) which is to collaborate with community-based organizations to prepare students to be socially responsible leaders and citizens through purposeful action, reflection, and learning; and Leadership, Innovation, and Liberal Arts Center (LILAC), which is to prepare liberal arts students to be effective, self-aware leaders in their chosen life pursuits. The position will do this work by providing logistical support to the Associate Dean and LILAC; planning and assisting with all logistical aspects of LILAC events; and managing financial systems and payments for LILAC. The individual will collaborate with other LILAC team members to deliver top-notch service to students, staff, faculty, alumnae/i, organizations, vendors, and others who are integral to achieving LILAC’s goals.
- Calendar support for designated team
- Arrange internal and external meetings including determining attendees’ availability and meeting locations
- Manage central LILAC email account
- Manage creating connections form
- Answer calls and takes messages
- Greets guests to office
EVENT MANAGEMENT FOR ~200 LILAC EVENTS
- Room reservations
- Food requests
- Multi-Media requests
- Room setup
- Printing materials
- Send event confirmations to registered participants
- Send event evaluations to participants
- Update lantern link with event participation numbers
- Long range planning for select high profile meetings and events (LILAC Advocacy Board, etc.).
- Assist in preparation of materials and communication for high profile guests
SYSTEM & PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
- Create and distribute event registrations for ~200 events/year through Qualtrics
- Maintain and update LILAC team up calendar of ~200 events – send reminders, monitor registration numbers
- Manage application/registration for (6-8) intensives in partnership with specific program director
- Payroll management for students (~45)
- Process payments for (~200) summer funded students
- Payments: Invoices, travel forms, receipts, purchase orders
- Financial reports from Financial Edge print & distribute to directors
- Credit card reconciliations
- Ensure proper billing and allocation of charges
- Process staff and student reimbursements
- Manage LILAC accounts and project codes
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Candidate should have strong organizational skills, the ability to develop systems and processes, problem solving and priority setting skills. Candidate must have strong computing skills, knowledge of social media, outstanding oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work on teams. Develop strong relationships with students, alumnae, employers, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and diverse populations.
- Must have a strong customer-service orientation to all who visit or call the office.
- Excellent verbal, written, and public relations communication skills.
- Provide support to LILAC staff by assessing the needs of visitors and callers and discern between time-sensitive requests and those which are more routine.
- Ability to work with numbers and financial statements.
- Ability to work with sensitive data and confidential information.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize needs, and start and stop projects with minimal loss of momentum.
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Word programs.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with a college student population and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Self-starter, energetic, organized, flexible.
- Proven track record in establishing effective working relationships with students, alumnae and staff.
- Able to attend or coordinate occasional evening and weekend events.