Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 05/11/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The University at Albany seeks a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Admissions Counselor. This position incorporates the full range of admissions responsibilities including 8-10 weeks of travel in the fall and 4-6 weeks of recruitment travel in the spring; visiting high schools, conducting informational programs for prospective students and their families, and executing outreach events for school counselors; help develop recruitment plans for existing and expanding markets; personally reviewing approximately 3,000 applications, participation in campus recruitment/enrollment functions such as information sessions, open houses and yield programs. Additional opportunities may include recruitment of special populations and other projects. Geographic travel territory to be determined.
- Bachelor's degree required from a college or university accredited by a US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally and geographically diverse population
- A valid driver's license or other means of travel to high schools to meet with students and distribute recruitment materials
- Ability to travel extensively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- A high level of initiative and motivation
- Strong technology skills
- Knowledge of the undergraduate experience at the University at Albany or comparable institution
- Previous admissions experience
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Admissions Counselor, SL-3
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date for receipt of applications: June 9, 2016
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=70693
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Names of three references including contact information
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.