- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Advanced Manufacturing Teacher
Advanced Manufacturing Teacher
Posted on: Tuesday 11/01/16
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
- Develops and administers school curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual small group instruction as needed.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the school.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other school professional staff members, especially within grade level and specific subjects, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom and lab during the school day, including activities involving school transportation.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with district testing programs.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the administrator and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
- Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
- Teaches in a career and technical education classroom and lab utilizing equipment including power tools, hand tools, and other trade specific tools and equipment.
May be exposed to inclement weather conditions.
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of content specific curriculum and concepts, including all subject matters taught.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Understanding of and commitment to the “teacher as a facilitator/coach.”
- Understanding of and commitment to blended learning and inter-disciplinary instruction.
- Understanding and commitment to digital learning.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in trade school building environment.
- May be exposed to inclement weather conditions.
- New York State Certification in Electro-Mechanical Equipment Occupations (Repair & Installation), Machine Tool Operation/Machine Shop, or Mechanical Technology.
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
- Experience with project based learning is a plus.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.applitrack.com/herkimerboces/onlineapp