- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Alignment Technician
East Greenbush, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 10/26/16
This position will be responsible for optic manufacturing and source alignments within the XOS analyzer product group. The individual as needed will be expected to work closely with engineers, specifically in the assembly, modification and documentation of components and processes. The application of excellent manufacturing practices and the highest commitment to customer satisfaction are paramount to attaining this goal.
- Optical alignment of engines as well as general mechanical assembly of sub components to achieve this end.
- Use proprietary XOS software along with motorized actuators and translation stages to complete alignment processes.
- Follow detailed process travelers and document any relevant production test data.
- Contribute to process improvements and assembly procedures within the alignment and relevant assembly areas.
- Maintain work station cleanliness and maintain operational effectiveness of alignment and assembly work areas.
Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to work cross functionally between groups
- Detailed Oriented
- Excellent communication skills.
- Listens and responds to customer needs
- Cultivates and enables breakthrough thinking to drive growth
- Utilizes critical thinking to solve problems
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and ability to handling small or fragile objects.
- Must be able to work with patience, follow detail procedures and make pass fail judgment at critical points within the alignment processes.
- Ability for recordkeeping with the attention to detail.
- Ability to read mechanical working drawings and bills of materials
- Must be able to work for long periods of time at multiple computer stations with minimal errors.
- Minimum 2+ years hands on manufacturing experience in a similar environment aligning lazars, optics, or sensors with in very tight tolerance.
- Degree in Physics, Math, or Mechanical Engineering is preferred OR student pursuing degree.
- ECC Board
- Research & Development
- Manufacturing Engineers
XOS is a leading manufacturer of application-specific X-ray analyzers, offering elemental analysis solutions that improve public safety and customer efficiency in industries like petroleum, consumer products, and environmental compliance. For petroleum applications, XOS offers portable, lab, and process analyzers with unrivalled precision at the push of a button. XOS also offers High Definition XRF (HDXRF©) analyzers for the detection of toxic elements in consumer products, such as toys and apparel and areas of environmental regulation, like soil and water. XOS’s advanced optics and OEM sub-systems can increase precision, speed, and spatial resolution, while decreasing the size, complexity, and cost of the instrument. XOS: Better Analysis Counts.
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. Our family of world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including health care, environmental and communications. We are a globally diverse team of 66,000 associates united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our ultimate competitive advantage. In 2013, we generated $19.7 billion in revenue and our market capitalization exceeded $52 billion. We are ranked #152 on the Fortune 500 and, during the past 20 years, our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 Index by nearly 2,800 percent.
X-Ray Optical Systems, Inc. takes affirmative actions as an equal opportunity employer to attract, promote and retain the most fully qualified candidates without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Please apply online via our website at https://xos.com/about-xos/careers/