Analyst (Benefits & Claims)
Albany, NY - Posted on: Friday 06/10/16
The EAS Analyst is responsible for the functional design and analysis of benefits and claims systems, including Facets, our claims processing and payment system, Pricing, Clinical Editing, Document Management and Workflow. The Analyst plays a key role in translating our business partners’ strategy and goals into meaningful functional requirements and specifications. The Analyst must have a strong conceptual knowledge of the technical solution and works closely with the development staff, ensuring that the functional requirements are met with the technical solution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years employment experience is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience of developing, implementing and supporting enterprise level solutions is required.
- Understanding of business process mapping discipline required.
- Basic understanding of healthcare terminology is required.
- Knowledge of healthcare and HMO processes, rules, regulations, and policies is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, identify, implement and monitor outcomes required.
- Strong Written and Oral communication skills are required.
- Good organization and time management skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to identify weaknesses in workflow and develop and implement process improvements to continually insure that corporate goals are satisfied is required.
- Ability to successfully define system implementation, conversion and configuration strategies is required.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in query concepts and SQL is required.
Salary Grade: 17