Architectural Sales Consultant – NYC Market
Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 05/23/16
Creative Materials Corporation (CMC), a national distributor of architecturally-specified porcelain/ceramic tile and related products, is seeking an Architectural Sales Consultant to drive the development of its business portfolio in the NYC market. Drawing on decades of experience and success in other markets calling on large A&D firms, and our initial inroads into this market, we are seeking to rapidly expand into this territory and specify our products for use on major commercial construction projects specified in the NYC market.
We have experienced extensive success in other regional markets, and are highly confident that with the right salespeople on the ground, we can quickly replicate and exceed the success we have in other metro areas. With an offering of highly desirable, architecturally-focused manufacturers at our disposal, and a strong support infrastructure from our home office for logistics, shipping, and operational support, we are confident that this region can grow significantly in both the near and long term.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate regular field sales activities including prospecting and lead generation. Identify, qualify and close opportunities with existing and new clients and customers.
- Interact regularly with buying influences to specify our products for future sales on commercial projects, then ultimately close those sales and convert into revenue.
- Proactively develop, track and aggressively grow top line sales and margins across market segments. Continually build a proactive pipeline of new and existing clients and accounts.
- Conduct technical product presentations with a high degree of knowledge and professional delivery to address issues, needs, trends, technical attributes, and provide solution offerings.
- Introduce new products, programs, promotions and specification tools to Architects and Designers and consistently reinforce the value proposition of our offering and its advantage in the market.
- Develop and prepare sales plans and regularly make sales forecast revisions to assess business potential and growth trends. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for management indicating revenue projections, sales volume, prospective clients, customer satisfaction and other measures of sales performance.
- Network and strategically evangelize the company to the A&D community as well as within our industry to expand brand notoriety.
- Be an active part of local professional associations such as AIA, CSI, etc.
The selected professional will be recognized as a highly motivated self-starter who will specify finish materials for commercial construction projects and demonstrate success in closing those sales and driving revenue in a team based collaborative environment. Combining exceptional communication skills with a “take charge” attitude, this professional will infuse a high sense of urgency, responsiveness and discipline throughout the sales organization. They will be recognized as an accomplished sales professional with a direct and honest style. They will also have demonstrated success at managing multiple tactical and strategic initiatives, effectively prioritizing time and resources. Exceptional professional presence and communication skill, both written and oral, is critical. We are seeking candidates with 5 or more years of related professional experience. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please forward your resume, references, and salary history to us by email at email@example.com.