Architectural Sales Consultant
Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 05/23/16
Creative Materials Corporation (CMC), a national distributor of architectural porcelain and ceramic tile, is seeking an Architectural Sales Consultant to join its regional sales team in the New England market. CMC, drawing on its 20+ years of success in calling on national account clients and large regional A&D firms, seeks to specify its products for use on major commercial construction projects and multi-location national brand building programs.
As an ensconced market player in this region, and in support of our aggressive growth strategy, CMC is looking to rapidly expand its marketing and sales efforts in this high-growth market. With an offering of highly desirable, architecturally-focused manufacturers at our disposal, and a strong support infrastructure from our home office for logistics, shipping, finance, and the like, we are confident that this region can grow significantly in the short and near-terms.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate regular field sales activities including prospecting and lead generation. Identify, qualify and close new customers and new leads at existing customers.
- Interact regularly with buying influences to specify CMC products for future sales on commercial projects, then ultimately close those sales and convert into revenue.
- Proactively develop, track and aggressively grow top line sales and margins across market segments. Continually build a proactive pipeline of new and existing clients and accounts.
- Conduct technical product presentations with a high degree of knowledge and professional delivery to address issues, needs, trends, technical attributes, and provide solution offerings.
- Introduce new products, programs, promotions and specification tools to Architects and Designers and keep our competitive advantage through research and analysis of competitive information at all levels.
- Develop and prepare sales plans and perform regular sales forecast revisions to assess business potential and growth trends. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for management indicating revenue projections, sales volume, prospective clients, customer satisfaction and other measures of sales performance.
- Network and strategically evangelize the company throughout the industry with both key customers and tile vendors.
- Be an active part of local professional associations such as AIA, CSI, etc.
The Architectural Sales Consultant will be recognized as a highly motivated self-starter who will specify finish materials for commercial construction projects and demonstrate success in closing those sales and driving revenue in a team based collaborative environment. Combining exceptional communication skills with a “take charge” attitude, this professional will infuse a high sense of urgency, responsiveness and discipline throughout the sales organization. They will be recognized as an accomplished sales professional with a direct and honest style. They will also have demonstrated success at managing multiple tactical and strategic initiatives, effectively prioritizing time and resources. Exceptional professional presence and communication skill, both written and oral.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please forward your resume, references, and salary history to us at: