- Becker Career Center
- Assignment Editor - Part Time, WNYT/WNYA, News/Weather/Sports, Albany, NY
Assignment Editor - Part Time
Posted: 01/30/17 | SHARE:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- monitoring police scanners
- dispatching news crews to cover news events
- make "beat" calls and appropriately handle calls to the newsroom.
- generate story ideas
- set up interviews for field crews
- research stories by phone and internet
- establish and maintain contacts throughout the community
- update our web-site with well-written, clear, accurate news copy
- must work closely with anchors, reporters, photographers, producers and production staff.
Highly organized, detail oriented, knowledge of Capital Region news and news-makers. Computer literacy required. Must be able to make good decisions quickly; able to articulate choices, and communicate those choices to other news department and station employees. Must have good writing skills, including grammar and spelling. Television newsroom experience preferred. Preference shown for applicants who have experience using ENPS.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accomodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Please visit http://wnyt.com/article/10124/