Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities
Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 07/11/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks
The University at Albany, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, is searching for a qualified applicant to fill the role of Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities, Game Operations and Event Management. Primary responsibilities will include the comprehensive management of the athletic facilities; developing and enforcing athletic facility policies and procedures with an emphasis on building security; recruiting external programming opportunities to support the departments' goal for revenue generation and demonstrating fiscal responsibility by managing the allocated budget.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Dept. of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Previous work experience managing facilities
- Candidates must have strong organizational and communication skills, be able to multitask, prioritize assignments, work independently and handle requests from supervisors in a positive manner.
- Candidates must also have at least two years supervisory experience of professional staff and budget management experience.
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Dept. of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Previous work experience managing athletic facilities
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Assistant Athletic Director, SL-4
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=73056
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: August 7, 2016