- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Assistant Athletic Trainer (2)
Assistant Athletic Trainer (2)
Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 05/02/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The University at Albany, a NCAA Division I institution and member of the America East Conference and Colonial Athletic Association (Football), is searching for an enthusiastic and qualified individual to fill the role of Assistant Athletic Trainer. Reporting to the Head Athletic Trainer, the responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the athletic training staff in the acute care, treatment, evaluation and rehabilitation of athletic injuries (including coverage of practice and/or competitions)
- Adhering to the communication protocol between staff, coaches and student-athletes
- Training and supervising student-athletic trainers
- Traveling with assigned sport teams
- Assist in maintaining computerization of medical records, treatments, educational programs and supply inventory
- Assist in the development of in-service educational programs for student-athletic trainers, athletes, coaches and departmental staff
- A Master's degree is required, from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Applicants must be NATABOC certified as well as NY State Licensed (or eligible) to practice athletic training.
- Two years of intercollegiate athletic training experience from a college or university
- Effective oral and written communication skills (as demonstrated through sample forms and/or written policies)
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and a commitment to customer service is a must
- Ability to work nights and weekends is required
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people is also required.
- Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA and Conference rules are essential.
- Two years of intercollegiate athletic training experience at the Division I level college or university
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Assistant Athletic Trainer - SL-2
Start Date: July 1, 2016
Closing date for receipt of applications is: May 29, 2016.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=70711
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- List of three references
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.