Assistant Director - Alumni Outreach and Development
Albany, NY - Posted on: Thursday 08/25/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
- Develop relationships with alumni to increase applied learning opportunities for students, specifically internships, in all academic programs
- Increase networking opportunities between current students and alumni through events and one-on-one meetings with students
- Create opportunities for students to gain information and advice from successful alumni in their field through site visits and campus visits
- Establish alumni based employer connections for students to utilize in career development through increased recruiting at companies with strong alumni presence or alumni in hiring/recruiting roles
- Plan, develop and implement panels, presentations, and networking events for students in the Albany area, NYC area, and other locations with a strong alumni presence
- Coordinate webinars and blogs featuring alumni from all over the country as guest speakers to increase alumni engagement beyond Albany and NYC
- Travel both locally and regionally to meet with alumni
- Work collaboratively to establish effective follow-up systems for tracking current student and alumni employment information
- Serve as the supervisor for the Capital Region Career Leaders program
- Oversee scholarship programs for specialized student populations
- Become involved in professional organizations and serve on committees within SUNYCDO, Eastern Association of Colleges and Employers (EACE) and the Alumni Career Services Network (ACSN)
- Assist with planning and management of Career Services job and internship fairs
- Partner with the Alumni Association and the Office of Development to maintain and build relationships with alumni employers
- Attend Alumni Association networking events to build and develop new alumni relationships throughout the region
- Oversee and update alumni pages on the career website as well as assisting on the alumni website
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred, in student affairs, higher education, or a related area from a college or university accredited by a US Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- At least 2 years of experience in a Career Services, Alumni Affairs or University Development environment
- Knowledge of university career center systems and operating procedures as well as the integration of technology within a career center
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher programs and social media
- A demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- Experience in event planning and execution
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work some evenings and weekend
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant - SL-3
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=75107
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: September 23, 2016