Assistant Director - Employer Relations
Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 07/13/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
- Works with the Career and Professional Development office and other University constituents on the Applied Learning initiatives including enhancing internship, volunteer and job opportunities for students
- Travel both locally and regionally to visit employers as well as attend association, chamber and other various networking functions
- Meet with students to engage them in a more proactive internship and job search
- Assist in tracking and reporting all employer outreach and activity, as well as position postings
- Assist in preparing written communication, reports, and multimedia materials for distribution to constituents and stakeholders
- Travel both locally and regionally to meet with employers to enhance employer development initiatives across academic disciplines
- Assist with preparation and deliver presentations for employer programming
- Collaborate with internal partners such as study abroad and community and service learning to create further applied learning opportunities
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in Career Services, Corporate Recruiting, Human Resources and/or a related field
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated experience in budget management and event planning
- Ability to travel
- Excellent working relationship and communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a diverse learning environment
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant - SL-3
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=73247
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: August 11, 2016