- Becker Career Center
- Assistant Director for Employer Relations, Colgate University, Hamilton, NY
Assistant Director for Employer Relations
Posted: 02/08/17 | SHARE:
Colgate Career Services is seeking applications for an Assistant Director for Employer Relations.
The Assistant Director for Employer Relations will complete a five-person Employer Relations (ER) team. The team is managed by the Associate Director of Employer Relations. An assistant director leads ER operations. Two assistants conduct business development, follow through on leads, ensure proper posting of opportunities, and manage event planning and logistics.
Accountable to execute internship and job development to meet identified and aspirational goals in Career Services' strategic plan. Role focused on partnering with alumni, parents, and employers to develop internship and employment opportunities, as well as to facilitate Career Services' off-campus consortium recruiting and internship initiatives.
Responsible to oversee formal internship recruiting and consortium programs (i.e.: Summer on the Cuyahoga, Career and Internship Connections) as sole Colgate representative. Accountable to independently advocate for Colgate students' needs and interests. On a rotational basis, oversee management of off-campus consortia events, including administrative responsibilities to coordinate partners, organize event logistics, and leading colleagues in employer development and marketing efforts.
Responsible for effective supervision of one or more student interns.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree, and two years of relevant experience.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills; strong organizational and analytical skills and the ability to set priorities and take initiative.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude for building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be be self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects and programs simultaneously with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Must have demonstrated abilities to synthesize ideas and opportunities brought forth by stakeholders to produce results.
- Must demonstrate a solid comfort level with social media, including LinkedIn.
- Must be able to articulate a passion for the advantages of a liberal arts degree and market the university to potential new employers.
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of parents, alumni, employers, faculty, staff and students within a university context.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% annually.