- Becker Career Center
- Assistant Director of Alumni Relations for Affinity and Identity Programs (Remote or On-Campus), Colgate University, Hamilton, NY
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations for Affinity and Identity Programs (Remote or On-Campus)
Hamilton, NY - Posted: 01/19/17 | SHARE:
Colgate University, a highly-selective residential liberal arts university with 2,900 students, is a very special place to work. A diverse group of individuals from local and worldwide communities, our staff is critical to preserving the university's high standards and strong reputation as a leader in higher education. We nurture an inclusive, collaborative culture, where each employee is treated as an important contributor, offer generous benefit packages and encourage staff wellness, learning and advancement. We offer staff opportunities to audit Colgate classes, as well as earn credits towards a Colgate undergraduate degree. Our friendly staff can be found attending lectures, working out together at our state of the art gym facilities, kayaking, paddle boarding and sailing on Lake Moraine, and participating in one of the many daily events that take place on campus and in the Village of Hamilton.
The Office of Alumni Relations is committed to developing programs and engaging all university alumni. The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations for Affinity and Identity Programs will be accountable for the creation and delivery of programs and events to strengthen alumni connection and engagement with affinity and identity groups, including MOSAIC, Greek Letter organizations, First Generation alumni, OUS, Alumni of Color, A Capella groups, LGBTQ, etc. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic plan that will lead to greater alumni participation, innovative and robust programming, and stronger ties between alumni of color and the university, with one another, and with students.
Accountable for the achievement of predetermined engagement goals within assigned affinity and identity groups. The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management, training, and engagement of volunteers and accountable for the effective coordination and support of Alumni Relations Signature Programs. Accountable for the successful and independent management of multiple Reunion programs and logistics. Devise and implement specific outreach strategies that will engage multicultural alumni, students, and other friends of Colgate in ways that enhance their understanding of the university, its current mission, and programs. Create and deliver programs and events to strengthen alumni connection with affinity and identity group populations. Manage MOSAiC programs and strategic plan: maintain MOSAiC webpage(s), coordinate annual print publication, moderate MOSAiC advisory board, and coordinate on/off campus programs for students and alumni of color. Work with three student A Cappella groups contracted with Alumni Relations to perform at various alumni events throughout the country and on campus. Work closely with all offices at Colgate, but with a particular focus on the ALANA Cultural Center, Office of LGBTQ Initiatives, Office of Undergraduate Studies, the Center for Career Services, the Office of Annual Giving, and the Colgate University Alumni Council.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required.
- A demonstrated strategic, goal-oriented approach with the ability and energy to focus on and elevate the stature of Multicultural Organizations, Students, and Alumni of Colgate (MOSAiC);
- A demonstrated capability to introduce innovative ideas and foster incremental change to broaden university alumni involvement while maintaining respect for the long-standing traditions of Colgate University.
- Exemplary interpersonal, communications and presentation skills as well as a high degree of comfort and cultural sensitivity engaging alumni throughout the United States and around the world.
- Demonstrated experience and a proven track record of engaging multicultural communities in a higher education settling preferred.
- A Colgate BA/BS is preferred.
- A Master's degree is preferred.
- Higher education or non-profit alumni relations or fund raising experience is preferred as well as special events and/or volunteer or student management experience.
Please visit http://www.Click2apply.net/wcxy85xwj5