Assistant Professor, Child Clinical Psychology
Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 08/01/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Psychology Department at the University at Albany, State University of New York, invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor position to begin in Fall 2017 in Child Clinical Psychology with expertise in developmental psychopathology, treatment research, child neuropsychology, or risky health behaviors. The ideal candidate will have an excellent record of publication and the ability to attract external funding for his/her program of research. In addition to conducting scholarly research, faculty duties include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses and supervising doctoral and master's theses.
Finalists will be asked to conduct an on-campus research colloquium.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Expertise in developmental psychopathology, treatment research, child neuropsychology, or risky health behaviors
- Eligible to be licensed as a psychologist in New York State
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with and instruct a culturally diverse population to support the University's commitment to educate scholars for work in a world of increasing diversity. The University encourages applications from qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Completion of a child clinical, pediatric psychology, or child neuropsychology internship
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Assistant Professor
Start Date: September 1, 2017
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=74770
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Letter describing research and teaching experience and interests
- Representative reprints
- 3 letters of recommendation*
*Special Note: The letters of recommendation can be emailed to the following address: email@example.com
Note: After submitting your CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
A review of applications will start on September 30, 2016 and the search will remain open until the position is filled.