Assistant Professor of Marketing
Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 08/15/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Department of Marketing, School of Business, University at Albany, State University of New York, invites applications for two positions at the Assistant Professor and/or Advanced Assistant Professor level. These will be tenure track positions, beginning September 2017.
The School of Business is housed in $64 million state-of-the-art building and is home to several research centers and academic journals. The school is accredited by the AACSB in both business administration and accounting and was recently ranked #86 in the U.S. by U.S. News and World Report.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated potential to publish research in leading journals. Candidates applying at the advanced level will have several years of experience at the Assistant Professor level at a major research university. Both positions require candidates to hold a Ph.D. or equivalent in marketing, or a related field. Candidates who will have completed their Ph.D. by Spring 2017 may be considered. All candidates must have demonstrated commitment to working with diverse audiences.
Interest in teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in Marketing Analytics, Business-to-Business Marketing, Marketing Strategy, and Sports Marketing is highly desired.
The position requires:
- Research in the area of Marketing and publication of such research in leading peer-reviewed journals
- High quality teaching of Marketing and allied courses at graduate and undergraduate levels
- Service at the department, school, campus, and discipline levels
- Ph.D. or equivalent by Spring 2017, with an emphasis in Marketing, from a college or university accredited by AACSB (or another internationally recognized accrediting agency)
- Experience at a tenure-track or tenured level at a School of Business accredited by the AACSB (or another internationally recognized accrediting agency)
Note: Recent graduates will also be considered.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Assistant Professor
Closing date for receipt of applications: February 5, 2017
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=74637
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Current resume/CV
- Letter of application including statement on ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- Teaching statement
- Research statement and list of publications
- Most recent three published articles
- Teaching evaluations and grade distributions
- Three letters of reference*
*Special Note: The letters of references can be emailed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: After submitting your CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.