- Becker Career Center
- Assistant to Executive Director, System Dynamics Society, University at Albany
Assistant to Executive Director, System Dynamics Society
Posted: 01/30/17 | SHARE:
The System Dynamics Society, located at the Center for Policy Research, seeks a service-oriented, self-motivated, and collaborative individual to be a team member. The Society is an international non-profit professional organization headquartered at the University at Albany, with a growing academic and professional membership. The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for maintaining an Access database used to carry out a range of information management functions related to membership services, an annual conference, and educational product sales.
Detailed description of duties:
- Management of Access database with 10,000+ active entries including further development to respond to changing information management needs
- Work with the Society's journal publisher; facilitate the efficient export of data to the online directory, to the conference web-portal and review system, and for use in publications such as the conference proceedings
- Management of membership benefits
- Maintain information records for 1,200+ members
- All aspects of new and renewal membership applications
- Maintain and support the use of online membership directory
- Membership, sponsorship, and related campaigns activities
- Responsible for membership campaign activities, prospecting for new members, and reaching out to lapsed members
- Carry out analysis of membership numbers to determine renewal rate, retention rate, etc.
Conference support and management:
- Integrate database with web portal activities
- Prepare abstracts and author information for publication in the online conference proceedings
- Conference registration management including:
- Monitor and produce all registrant-specific materials for conference
- Carry out analysis of registration numbers to determine participation rate, expected final attendance, etc.
Office administration and management tasks:
- Functions as director in his/her absence
- Demonstrate analytical, decision-making, and organizational skills; efficiently manage multiple priorities within deadlines
- Respond promptly to all inquiries by telephone, fax, email, and mail
- Make travel arrangements for Executive Director
- Arrange conference calls and face-to-face meetings as needed
- Maintain manuals for database tasks, web-portal tasks, sales, and shipping
- Office supplies procurement and maintaining letterhead stock, etc.
- Update Chapter/SIG leadership lists, maintain contact with group liaisons
- Manage Chapter/SIG meetings and related events at conference
Policy Council meeting:
- Coordinate meeting details and logistics
- Communicate with invitees regarding attendance and logistical information
- Manage all aspects of publication development from conception to production
- Collaborate on design, editing, and production of conference and Society literature and materials including up to four newsletters
- Ongoing review of existing web pages for accuracy, currency, completeness, and consistency
- Manage and maintain social media outlets: update Society Facebook page, Twitter account, and YouTube channel
Order fulfillment and record keeping for educational materials/memberships:
- Track shipping costs and methods options in order to calculate shipping costs for worldwide delivery
- Process and shipment of orders for products and publications
- Organize and process financial transactions using credit card, PayPal, check, wire transfer, or cash
- Record, classify, and monitor all transactions using QuickBooks
- Create, produce and maintain reports as needed
- Assist in managing and supervising students and volunteers
- Able to collaborate with staff, students, faculty, administration, Society officers, members, sponsors, volunteers, and customers
- Positive interpersonal skills, with service oriented, creative, collaborative attitude
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant, SL-3
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=79979
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: February 16, 2017