Assistant to the Director, Atmospheric Sciences Research Ctr
Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 07/27/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
This is a full-time position providing key professional administrative services to the Atmospheric Sciences Research Center. The ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently in a dynamic and growing work environment is required. With senior administrative staff having a wide range of complex responsibilities and frequent travel, supervision will be optimized and some routine operational decision-making will be delegated to this position. Sound judgement and decision-making will be essential in support of senior staff and for the smooth operation of key Center activities. The incumbent will need to manage main office operations and multiple priorities efficiently and timely. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage and address the Center's budgetary needs in consultation with the Director
- Sufficient understanding of State, IFR and RF accounts and processes to be able to manage and monitor these accounts for the Center
- In consultation with the Director, prepare and manage the processing of the Center's annual spending plans
- Work closely with the Office of the Vice President for Research and Finance and Administration to manage PI start-up accounts and address their funding needs
- Address personnel issues and work with Human Resources to manage the processing of relevant Center needs and responsibilities in this area
- Assist the Director and other supervisors in the preparation and timely processing of Performance Programs and Evaluations
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to organize, plan/coordinate ASRC seminars and events
- Serve as liaison to SUNY Poly/CESTM on tenant issues and service needs including: maintenance, security, parking, shared space access management, etc.
- Manage office space and shared work spaces (e.g., conference rooms)
- In the Director's absence, serve as the main contact for the Center
- Assist in managing the Center's website
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Candidate must be able to efficiently and effectively manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work independently and as a team under deadlines
- Be able to set priorities, be organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Strong verbal, written, organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills are required
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Adobe, business tools
- Applicants must address in their applications their experience and ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Two or more years of experience in higher education performing administrative services
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
Start Date: September 1, 2016
Closing date for receipt of applications: August 20, 2016
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=74158
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- List of three professional references and their contact information
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.