Associate Director, Career Center - Alumni Career Services
Medford, MA - Posted on: Tuesday 07/05/16
Tufts Career Center is a comprehensive career center serving 5,000 undergraduates, as well as graduate students and alumni from the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Engineering. We provide individual career advising, online resources, workshops, alumni and career panels, career fairs, networking opportunities with alumni and employers, and online job and internship listings. Tufts University alumni number close to 100,000, with arts, sciences and engineering alumni numbering 60,000. Alumni Career Services provides career coaching to approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate alumni annually from arts sciences and engineering. We also develop and present group workshops and events, as well as weekly teleseminars offered to all alumni, from all schools and programs. We provide online tools and resources, contribute to monthly newsletters and produce a monthly e-newsletter for young alumni.
The Associate Director will design, develop and provide a comprehensive array of career services to Tufts alumni worldwide. Provide career coaching to alumni in person, via phone/Skype and via email. Design and maintain an online network of Tufts alumni and online resources for alumni. Design and deliver in -person career programs for alumni nationwide, partnering with Advancement staff to facilitate Advancement division goals. Design and deliver online/virtual workshops and programs as webinars or tele-seminars. Manage a half-time assistant director of alumni career services. Provide access and introductions to senior level alumni to enhance campus recruiting program and student programming. Achieve a high level of alumni satisfaction and position Tufts among the leaders of institutions providing such services.
• At least 8 years of experience in adult career coaching, program marketing, program planning and delivery
• Master’s Degree
• Knowledge of online resources and career development software.
• Expertise in career assessment tools, including MBTI, Strong, SkillScan, Strengthsfinder.
• Communication skills: written, oral and public speaking.
• Leadership experience, particularly in initiating and developing new programs and developing new partnerships. • Customer service focused.
• Ability to work with wide range of constituencies, including alumni of all ages and career backgrounds.
•Ability to develop and implement new initiatives while working with multiple and complex stakeholder relationships, including Alumni Relations staff, Career Center staff, Alumni Career Services Committee, other concerned alumni, and Development staff.
• Experience with: pre-grad school advising in variety of disciplines, international student/alumni, career advising with diverse populations.
Please apply online at http://jobs.hr.tufts.edu/--- look for job # 16001409