- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Associate Director, Career Center - Alumni Career Services
Associate Director, Career Center - Alumni Career Services
Medford, MA - Posted on: Thursday 08/25/16
Tufts Career Center is a comprehensive career center serving 5,000 undergraduates, as well as graduate students and alumni from the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Engineering. We provide individual career advising, online resources, workshops, alumni and career panels, career fairs, networking opportunities with alumni and employers, and online job and internship listings. Tufts University alumni number close to 100,000, with arts & sciences and engineering alumni numbering 60,000. Alumni Career Services provides career coaching to approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate alumni annually from arts & sciences and engineering. We also develop and present group workshops and events to all alumni, from all schools and programs.
The Associate Director will design, implement and assess a comprehensive array of career services to Tufts alumni worldwide. Provide career coaching to alumni in person, via phone/Skype and via email. Develop and maintain a network of Tufts alumni and expand online resources for alumni.Design and deliver in -person career programs, partnering with Alumni and Advancement staff to facilitate University goals. Conceptualize and implement an expanded offering of online workshops and programs. Supervise a half-time assistant director of alumni career services. Provide access and introductions to senior level alumni to enhance the campus recruiting program and select student programming. Achieve a high level of alumni satisfaction and position Tufts among the leaders of institutions providing alumni career services.
• 5-7 years of progressive experience in career counseling/advising, program development, instruction or training and development, preferably within higher education or related field.
• Master’s Degree
• Knowledge of online resources and career development software.
• Expertise in career assessment tools, including MBTI, Strong, SkillScan, Strengthsfinder.
• Proficiency in delivering a variety of career workshops in a variety of formats, particular web based learning.
• Communication skills: written, oral and public speaking.
• Leadership experience, particularly in initiating and developing new programs and developing new partnerships.
• Customer service focused.
• Demonstrated understanding of the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion within the workplace and in all interactions with all constituents and stakeholders.
• Knowledge of best practices within career development and the ability to tailor, adapt and evolve such practices to a complex, fast-paced, and evolving organization
• Ability to establish, measure, report, and present learning outcomes
• Ability to manage changing technologies, social media, and communications
• Experience with: pre-grad school advising in variety of disciplines, international student/alumni, career advising with diverse populations.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.