- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Associate Director, Production Implementation
Associate Director, Production Implementation
Rochester, Schenectady, Tarrytown, or Fishkill, NY - Posted on: Friday 04/22/16
JOB TITLE: Associate Director, Production Implementation
REPORTS TO: Director, Product Development & Portfolio Management
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Rochester, Schenectady, Tarrytown, or Fishkill
Provides overall management and leadership, including staffing, training, and coaching for the team. Responsible for the resource and work scheduling and planning of the Commercial Product Implementations and Product Database in support of the corporate strategic and operating plan. Leads the development of commercial market strategies relative to product competitiveness and innovation. Provides overall strategic and tactical leadership to MVP’s Commercial product implementation of new products and changes. Develops key business strategies for product operational efficiencies toward admin (cost) savings allowing for the positioning for growth, retention, and new opportunities in the commercial segment by region for MVP Health Care. The emergence of exchanges and significant shifts in market segments requires organizational understanding of risks and opportunities. Role will focus on driving deeper penetration in MVP markets and growing market share, and will work with the management team to determine appropriate segment opportunities based on revenue potential and competitive positioning. Additionally, this position will develop recommendations for product changes that support health care cost management and improved pricing while still improving competitive positioning. Owns the Product Database that produces the Federally required Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC), Marketing Slicks, Product Benefit Summaries, and the data feeds for the MVP Websites. Responsible for developing market strategies relative to Health Care Reform and ensuring Implementation plans are staffed across all of MVP and scheduled such that all requirements, coding, testing, and production releases meet regulatory (compliance) deadlines. This leader will direct and mentor the Product Implementation staff of the Commercial Product Department. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in health planning, marketing, business administration or related field required; Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
5 - 10 years’ experience in health insurance or managed health care field.
5-10 years’ experience in market analysis, product implementation, strategic product development.
5-10 years’ experience in strategy development and/or project implementation and management.
10+ years extensive experience in a corporate or service oriented marketing/product management/implementation position
- Knowledge of and experience in product development, project management, marketing communication and product operations in the health care industry.
- Understands available and emerging technologies and methodologies and their application to health insurance products.
- Able to influence at the Corporate and Executive level and lead cross-functional projects to completion
- An understanding of underwriting and actuarial principles related to health insurance products.
- An understanding of the regulatory environment and regulatory approval agencies in NY and VT.
- Self-motivated innovative thinking coupled with analytical abilities.
- The ability to be flexible and adjust appropriately to frequent change.
- Excellent planning, prioritizing and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills sufficient to interact effectively and productively with staff, external customers, consultants and vendors.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Web applications.
- Availability to work occasional irregular hours and be available for occasional travel.
In order to be considered for this position, please visit https://www.mvphealthcare.com/careers.
MVP Health Care is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran