- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Associate Director of Employer Relations
Associate Director of Employer Relations
Salem, MA - Posted on: Thursday 09/15/16
General Statement of Duties:
Career Services assists students and alumni with identifying and defining their career goals by engaging in a comprehensive career development process. In collaboration with the external community, we provide industry trends and insights to enrich the academic experience. Through partnering employers with the university, we bridge the gap between academia and the world of work through professional interactions, internships and career opportunities which contributes to a diverse, high quality workforce.
The associate director of employer relations is a key member of the leadership team of the career services office. The associate director will establish relationships with employers to develop strategic recruitment plans to strengthen the presences of employers on campus in support of the university's desired goals concerning the career outcomes for students and graduates. Of particular importance is the expansion of employers hosting on campus recruitment activities. The associate director will work alongside the director in establishing and managing strategic partnerships and relationships with employers and other external constituents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements a comprehensive network of employer recruitment programs for students and alumni seeking employment and internships
- Management of campus interview program, information sessions, class visits, employer panels, career fairs and other recruitment opportunities
- Provides individualized and group consultation to companies interested in recruiting students and alumni through innovative presentations, site visits, and marketing
- Provides leadership in the development and enhancement of employer development initiatives on a state, regional, and national level across academic disciplines
- Develops, supervises and administers the budgets for career events and employer relations
- Assists the director with the management of the department and implementing department and university mission, as well as formulating, implementing and evaluating departmental strategic initiatives
- Prepares written communication, reports, and multimedia materials for distribution to constituents and stakeholders. Contributes in promoting career services in publications on and off campus
- Develops and implements the program policies and procedures, conducts program assessments, the fiscal administration and participates in strategic planning
- Integrates technology into daily operations, programs and presentations
- Assumes responsibilities of supervising staff and coordinating career services programs in the absence of the director
- Assists in enhancing career development and career readiness initiatives through employer engagement by collaborating with faculty, staff, students, clubs and organizations across academic disciplines
- Provides strategic leadership in developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing plan for career services
- Assists in revenue generation through employer relations
- Assists with the fulfillment process, the identification of potential advisory board members, the sharing of advisory board and sponsorship opportunities with potential sponsors and members
- Demonstrates sensitivity to students, faculty, and staff of varying racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, disability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed
- Bachelor's degree
- Through inclusion on resume and/or cover letter, demonstrate knowledge of various computer systems including various database systems and their applications in higher education and/or recruiting
- Experience in event management as it pertains to the recruiting process
- Knowledge of market trends
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse population
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required. Must be able to set priorities and meet deadlines. Experience in creation, distribution and analysis of surveys needed
- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, Human Resource Management, Counseling, or a related field
- Experience in strategy development
- 2-5 years of management/supervisory experience
- 2-5 years of progressively responsible work experience in career development, recruitment, human resources or college relations
- Career counseling and program development experience in a college/university setting
- An established network with industry based partners in the New England region
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, career services and/or recruiting software, website and social media management, and utilizing databases for data analysis and report generation
- Experience in and commitment to working in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic environment with students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.
Employment is contingent upon a completed background and CORI check satisfactory to the university. Internal candidates are not subject to background check.
Salem State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
Please Note: If there is no application deadline associated with a position, it may come down at any time. Once a posting is removed, additional applications will not be accepted.