Associate or Assistant Professor in Dept. of Communication
Albany, NY - Posted on: Thursday 07/28/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Department of Communication at the University at Albany is seeking to fill a tenure track position in New Media, Communication and Technology to begin Fall 2017. Preference will be given to candidates who have methodological expertise in advanced data analytic techniques. Candidates' research should intersect with one or more of the department's primary areas of focus which include health, political, interpersonal/intercultural, and organizational communication through focusing on social media data, health data, media data, or social networking. The Department has a distinctive commitment to public engagement, and awards BA degrees in Communication and in Journalism; and MA, and PhD degrees in Communication.
- Doctoral degree from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization by August 1, 2017
- Applicants should share a commitment to the University's strategic values for engaged learning and societal responsibility, and to its goals for increasing levels of external funding.
- Senior scholars should possess an established record of productive research and a record of excellence in teaching.
- Junior scholars should demonstrate the potential for productive research and some evidence of teaching effectiveness.
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with and instruct a culturally diverse population.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Assistant or Associate Professor
Start date: September 2017
The closing date for receipt of applications is October 7, 2016.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=74600
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications.
- Names and contact information for three references
Note: After submitting your CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.