Auto Salvage Coordinator (Job ID#10412BR)
Posted: 03/06/17 | SHARE:
Under moderate supervision, this position handles auto salvage files and coordinates sale of salvage asset by adhering to state titling laws/ regulations.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Process necessary paperwork and title work to forward to appropriate salvage vendor.
- Review and determine the most viable disposal method while considering state titling laws/regulations.
- Set diaries for follow up to ensure prompt sale of asset. Review vendor invoices for appropriate expense management.
- Follow up with repair shop and/or salvage/storage vendors if errors are noted in bills. Challenge and negotiate to assure fair and reasonable expense management. Process credits/pay debits to claim file.
- Conduct periodic reconciliation review of credits/debits.
- Verify proper execution of inbound field titling documents; notify others for claim payment when appropriate.
- Help to resolve incorrectly executed titling documents when required.
- Set minimum bids using salvage vendor pricing system.
- Input correct data for accurate pricing results. Provide counter bids when applicable.
- Re run vehicles based on office guidelines. R
- eview auto sale lists-ensure accurate sale data, e.g., loss type, area of damage, vehicle year, make and model, and percent of damages.
- Review photos for appropriate picture quality, OEM or aftermarket parts, missing equipment, and damages not consistent with accident facts or auto appraisal, and odometer if applicable.
- Conduct random sale price audits attending internet auto auctions to compare sale price with gross proceeds.
- Complete and document quarterly review of reconciliation report. Update salvage capture screens throughout the process and document claim file with activities not listed in the salvage capture screens.
- Ensure current and accurate data integrity. Finalize left with owner vehicles and LWO title issues according to local office workflow.
- Determine proper location for return of closed file, e.g., subrogation, AD handler, closed file storage or appraiser.
- Other duties as assigned.
Customer service related experience (including internships and part-time jobs)
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities.
Highly organized with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
Attention to detail ensuring accuracy Intermediate knowledge of technology; including, Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database software.
Competency Levels: Analytical Thinking- Basic Judgment/Decision Making- Basic Communication- Basic Insurance Contract Knowledge- Introductory