AVP, Business Development Officer
Ballston Spa, NY -
BSNB is seeking an Assistant Vice President, Business Development Officer to play a key role in the continued growth in the capital district region. The Business Development Officer will be responsible for developing relationships with qualified prospects and identifying specific opportunities to convert them to customers. The Business Development Officer will use diverse communication tactics and strategies to cultivate new business from existing customers and grow the market share through the acquisition of new customers.
The Officer will generate, retain, and expand lending, investment and deposit relationships with new and existing customers through referrals, centers of influence and direct prospecting. This position may be assigned larger, more complex client relationships.
Successful candidates will typically:
• Call on existing or prospective clients in order to build new business, produce growth in income by selling business products and services, development of relationships with referral sources, identify and capitalize on opportunities.
• Make calls independently or with other lines of business to develop new business with prospects that have moderate and complex financial needs.
• Ensure banking relationships are fully developed, including specific efforts to serve the retail banking needs of the clients' owners/management/associates.
• Consistently meet established calling and referral targets.
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends, products, and technology to broaden new business opportunities.
• May prepare management reports summarizing activity.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three to five years' experience in a business development position in the financial services industry, with a 4-year degree in Business, Finance or related field. Candidates must have a track record of prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships in the capital district area. Candidates will have strong negotiating, sales and relationship building skills. Well-developed communication skills are a must. Demonstrated PC skills and membership in civic and professional organizations required.
Named as a 2015 Best Places to Work by the Albany Business Review, BSNB provides a friendly and challenging work environment and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
BSNB is an Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin. BSNB is a VEVRAA employer and has a desire for priority referrals of protected veterans.
Return to job listings