- Union Home
- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
AVP, Trust Business Development Officer
Ballston Spa, NY -
Posted on: Friday 12/02/16
BSNB is seeking an Assistant Vice President, Business Development Officer in our growing Trust Department. The Trust Business Development Officer will focus on serving the trust and fiduciary needs of affluent clients, interfacing with the client and centers of influence. The Officer will generate, retain, and expand relationships with new and existing customers through referrals, centers of influence and direct prospecting. The role will enhance the client experience by building and maintaining strong client relationships and developing new referral resources through centers of influence such as attorney and public accountants. The Business Development Officer will be responsible for developing relationships with qualified prospects and identifying specific opportunities to convert them to customers.
Successful candidates will typically:
• Call on existing or prospective clients in order to build new business, develop relationships with referral sources, identify and capitalize on opportunities.
• Make calls independently or with other lines of business to develop new business with high wealth prospects.
• Consistently meet established calling and referral targets.
• Review and interpret governing documents to determine required actions and oversight needed to balance the interest of beneficiaries and remaindermen.
• Apply knowledge of fiduciary and estate planning strategies to benefit clients and prospects.
• Communicate effectively and tactfully both verbally and in writing.
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends, products, and technology to broaden new business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three to five years' experience in a business development position in the financial services industry, with a 4-year degree in Business, Finance, JD or related field. Candidates must have a track record of prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships in the capital district area. Candidates will have strong negotiating, sales and relationship building skills. Well-developed communication skills are a must. Demonstrated PC skills and membership in civic and professional organizations required.
Named as a 2015 Best Places to Work by the Albany Business Review, BSNB provides a friendly and challenging work environment and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
BSNB is an Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin. BSNB is a VEVRAA employer and has a desire for priority referrals of protected veterans.
Interested candidates apply online at: www.bsnb.applicantpro.com.