Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 09/19/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The successful applicant will serve as a member of a dynamic and rapidly evolving team of health education professionals providing training related services and continuing education opportunities for state, local and community-based public health professionals across New York State and beyond. He/she will support the Hospital and Community Patient Review Instrument (H/C PRI) and Screen Training Certification Program on a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the New York State (NYS) Department of Health and the University at Albany School of Public Health. This program includes delivery of in-person and online training to allow Registered Nurses to assess a person's condition and the amount of care required, as well as training for professionals responsible for discharge planning and Residential Health Care Facility placement to assess a person for possible mental illness, intellectual disability and/or developmental disability. The Budget Assistant will manage the fiscal aspects of the program including processing payments and program expenditures, monitoring the program budget and preparing budget reports and projections.
The Budget Assistant will work closely with the Budget Manager and Program Coordinator. He/she will lead efforts to:
- Work directly with University of Albany fiscal, personnel and administrative offices
- Process and track training registration fees and refunds
- Mange the Center's credit care store and process daily batch settlements
- Manage revenue accounts, which entails the following: review and track expenses, process payments and monitor balances in associated accounts
- Assist with contracts and fair bid processes
- Manage revenue accounts associated with the PRI and Screen programs
- Prepare budget projections and revenue reports
- Process procurements and travel reimbursements
- Manage equipment procurement and tracking
- Serve as a member of the Continuing Education team in overall planning and organizational improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimal travel required
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Minimum of two years' experience in managing budgets/fiscal aspects of a program
- Possess good analytical skills and ability to work discretely with confidential information
- Two years of experience working in an office or similar setting
- Experience monitoring and managing budgets
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Evidence of attention to detail
- Experience working with culturally diverse groups
- Familiarity with fiscal management software
- Proficiency in standard business software (MS Office Suite Word, Excel and Access)
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university in business, finance, accounting, economics or a related field that is accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Strong numerical, mathematical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of New York State, SUNY, and/or SUNY Research Foundation financial systems
- Experience working with New York state agencies
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant SL-2
Closing date for receipt of applications: October 16, 2016
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=76652
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- List of references
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.