Posted: 03/06/17 | SHARE:
This position requires the applicant to provide a comprehensive range of small business-based assistance to new and existing business owners throughout the greater Capital Region.
Responsible for one-on-one advisement to clients in the area of business plan development; analyzing, preparing, and structuring financial statements; as well as assisting clients with market related issues. Candidates will also be responsible for the implementation of entrepreneurial training and networking with various economic development entities and SBA resource partners.
- A Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or an internationally accredited organization in the area of business management, finance, economics, or related field
- One to three years of experience in the small business sector or related technical assistance field
- Demonstrated experience working with culturally diverse groups of people
- Candidates should be proficient in using the internet, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
A review of applications will start on March 31, 2017.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UAlbany Careers Account to check your completed application.