Business Development Associate Team Manager
Boston, MA - Posted on: Tuesday 05/24/16
As the Business Development Associate Team Manager, you will recruit, manage, and develop HourlyNerd’s BDA team to help them beat their goals and progress in their sales careers. You will also serve as the resident expert in the enterprise sales organization at HourlyNerd for outbound pipeline generation best practices.
The BDA Team Manager will report directly to our VP of Sales and will build and manage a team of 15+ Business Development Associates. You will help the business development team generate qualified leads, grow the sales pipeline, and ultimately help grow our customer base and drive revenue. As the BDA Team Manager, you will help all members of the team strategize the best way to target accounts and develop new opportunities for our mid-market and large enterprise sales teams. You will provide the team with continuous training to help them overachieve their quota and help identify and make recommendations for improvement on email and phone outreach.
The ideal candidate will have had prior experience leading a team of BDAs at a B2B technology company or have a combination of extraordinary success in a BDA role and leadership abilities. You will have an intimate knowledge of challenges BDAs commonly face on a daily basis and best practices as to how to overcome those challenges. The ideal candidate is someone who has previously been in a quota carrying role and overachieved in it. You will be an enthusiastic, and growth-oriented leader who can foster collaboration within the BDA team and across the midmarket and large enterprise sales team members.
- You will recruit, coach, mentor, and motivate a team of 15-20 BDAs to help each individual overachieve quota.
- You will drive pipeline creation through the BDA team.
- You will identify and make recommendations to the VP of Sales and others to help improve productivity, efficiency, and processes.
- You will create, define, and document a repeatable scalable process for generating pipeline as the company grows.
- You will establish onboarding and “first 30 day” plans for BDAs.
- You will create and deliver accurate analysis on individual/team results and maintain systems to accurately track and report metrics.
- You will create a cadence for meetings across the team, conduct weekly 1:1s with each BDA team member, and drive career progression paths for BDAs.
- You will work closely with midmarket and large enterprise sales professionals to (1) ensure lead quality and quantity; (2) align territory strategy tactics and (3) foster collaboration to penetrate targeted accounts and identify new sales opportunities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years of sales experience.
- Strongly preferred: 2+ years of managing a team of high-performing BDAs in a B2B technology company OR a track record of beating quota as a BDA and clear leadership potential.
- Enthusiastic leader with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Deep understanding of generating pipeline through outbound activity and managing inbound leads.
- Experience managing and improving BDA KPIs.
- Desire to continuously learn and improve processes.
- Consistent track record of quota overachievement as an individual contributor.
- Results oriented, metrics driven track record.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in salesforce.com, SalesLoft and other enablement tools.