New York, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 12/13/16
About Research Foundation for SUNY System:
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is the largest, most comprehensive university-connected research foundation in the country.
Serving SUNY and New York State, the RF provides essential services to SUNY faculty, students and staff who are performing life-changing research in life sciences and medicine; engineering and nanotechnology; physical sciences and energy; social sciences; and computer and information sciences. More than 15,000 dedicated RF employees work on SUNY-led research, training and public service projects throughout New York, across the country and around the world.
This position is being offered through the University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD) and the Lab Technology Coordinator will be working at the Gay Men's Health Crisis, Inc. ATTAIN Lab in New York, New York. ATTAIN (Advanced Technology Training And Information Networking) is a Statewide technology initiative funded by New York State to provide urban and rural communities access to state-of-the-art technology. Through innovative technologies, ATTAIN provides underserved and underprepared community residents the opportunity to access academic, vocational, life skills and workplace readiness training, in coordination with local community-based host institutions. Each ATTAIN lab is a certified Microsoft IT Academy.
The Case Manager/Counselor will provide case management, counseling and support services to participants.
- Determine participant TANF eligibility.
- Enroll and update participants in the ATTAIN databases.
- Assess participant's educational background, employment history and create an employment plan.
- Provide ongoing case management and counseling to assigned participants as well as maintaining client case files and detailed case notes.
- Develop & maintain partnerships internal and external to provide participants with a continuum of supportive pre-employment and post-employment programs and services.
- Conduct follow-up with internal and external partners providing programs and services to assigned participants to ensure participant needs and goals are met.
- Refer participants to appropriate community programs and services not provided by ATTAIN as needed.
- Address support service needs of participants engaged in off-site field based mentoring, job shadowing, and/or on-the-job training opportunities.
- Provide intervention or assistance for participants at the learning stations, as needed.
- Assist employed participants on-site and off-site in overcoming barriers that may affect their ability to retain employment.
- Assist agency staff in planning and coordinating special events for participants.
- Assist in providing appropriate assessment, evaluations and maintaining appropriate participant records.
- Participate in the design and delivery of orientation and life skills workshops and other appropriate workshops.
- Attend required meetings and prepare all required reports as identified.
- Perform other ATTAIN duties appropriate to the assigned job title.
Must possess a strong commitment to social welfare and possess the necessary assessment skills to evaluate participant's needs and problems. Ability to effectively develop and implement Individual Action Plans. Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Must be organized and able to manage time effectively. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and possess the ability to use the internet as an instructional tool. Bilingual a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Master's degree in Educational, Counseling or Psychology required. Two years work experience in counseling,case management and crisis intervention preferably working with TANF and economically disadvantaged populations. Experience conducting workshops and presentations. Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining successful working partnerships/collaborations. Some weekend and evening hours are required. Routine local travel required.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
Please submit a writing sample along with cover letter and resume, https://systemrf.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp;jsessionid=119DAE056853CDD98B1794F74EFF77C0?JOBID=79532