Certified Medical Records Coordinator (RHIA/RHIT Certification)
Lake Success, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 06/21/16
Status : Full-time
ProHEALTH is one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and we have been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. Along with outstanding physician leadership, state-of-the art technology and advanced clinical laboratories, ProHEALTH patients enjoy comprehensive and superior medical services.
*Consultants / Agencies do not apply*
Please apply ONLY if you have your RHIA or RHIT Certification.
Medical Records Coordinator is responsible for preparing, compiling, maintaining, sorting and retrieving medical records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains a qualitative and quantitative audit/quality monitoring process (quarterly). Report's findings periodically and as requested and assists with ensuring follow-up/corrections are completed.
- Maintains security of health information systems and medical records.
- Verify physical protection is in place to prevent loss, destruction and unauthorized use of both manual and electronic records.
- Verify facility safeguards are in place such as record sign-out systems.
- Verify systems are in place for securing file cabinets and file rooms where overflow and discharge records are stored.
- Verify systems are in place to maintain confidentiality/privacy of both manual and electronic health information.
- Manages the release of health information functions for the facility including review and processing of all requests for information.
- Maintains system for filing, retention and destruction of records in compliance with State, Federal, and HIPAA guidelines.
- Participates in meetings and committees as requested. - Provides in service education as applicable on health information issues.
- Provides orientation discussion to new employees on topics such as the medical record organization and content, record completion, confidentiality, HIPAA privacy and security safeguards, documentation standards and error correction procedures.
- RHIA/RHIT certification
- Credentialing as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Travel between Mineola & Lake Success required
Previous experience of at least 1 year preferred.
Understands electronic information systems used and demonstrates good computer skills.
If interested, please email your resume & salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ProHEALTH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.