Communications & Events Coordinator
Winston-Salem, North Carolina - Posted on: Thursday 05/12/16
Tracking Code2248-141Job Description
*A cover letter is required with application. Two 500-word writing samples, at least one of which is a sample of writing for the Web, are also required with application.*
Summary: Leads a variety of communications and event coordination functions for the Office of Sustainability and the Center for Energy, Environment, and Sustainability (CEES), under the direction of the Director of Sustainability and Director of CEES. Responsibilities include developing and executing communications and social media strategies, as well as planning and implementing stakeholder meetings and campus-wide events.
- Creates, gathers, and edits original content for all communication outlets (e.g. website, e-newsletters, and social media). Manages and edits guest submissions, as needed.
- Designs, curates, and edits weekly and monthly communications for distribution to multiple electronic mailing lists.
- Manages the collation of blogs, news, events, etc. for posting to websites and social media outlets.
- Maintains photo and publication archives. Responsible for basic photo editing.
- Manages efforts of interns and freelance staff, as necessary.
- Coordinates conferences, special events, and other regular committee and working group meetings. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, compiling and vetting potential speakers, leading planning meetings, developing and adhering to event production and promotion timelines, evaluating and booking venues, noticing meetings, and maintaining an archive of meeting minutes.
- Manages inquiries and correspondence from internal and external constituents on behalf of the Office of Sustainability and CEES.
- Works collaboratively to develop annual reports and facilitate information gathering for assessments.
- As part of a dedicated and entrepreneurial team, develops strong relationships with faculty, staff, students, and external constituents, and serves as a representative of the Office of Sustainability and CEES.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and with attention to detail.
- Ability to use discretion in managing confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and organize workflow, and coordinate activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with faculty, staff, administrators, students and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work beyond the standard workday, including nights and weekends, for deadlines and special events.
- Experience with contact management software (e.g. Nimble) and e-communication software (e.g. Constant Contact).
- Experience with website development and management (e.g. WordPress).
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience with sustainability.
- Experience in a university setting.
- Proficiency and experience with graphic design.
Responsible for own work.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
- Job Location
- Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
- Position Type