- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Community Schools Coordinator (Temporary, thru June 30, 2017)
Community Schools Coordinator (Temporary, thru June 30, 2017)
Amsterdam, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 11/22/16
Temporary, thru June 30, 2017
Duties and Responsibilities
The Community Schools Coordinator (CSD) for the Greater Amsterdam School District will serve as a district liaison whose primary focus will be to foster, develop, strengthen and maintain the connections between school, home and community. The CSD carries the collective vision, engaging and exciting others to ensure that the programming supports the vision of the GASD. The funding for this position is from the Community Schools allocation in the GASD budget for the 2016-17 school year. The CSD is accountable to the GASD Superintendent of Schools.
To assist the school district, parents, community members and students in improving student achievement and social emotional health by:
- High quality program development and management of the Community Schools effort.
- Development of a broad understanding of positive youth engagement and family strengthening practices district and community wide.
- Recruitment and coordination of activities that provide programs and services to meet the needs of students, families and community members.
Examples of Duties
- Builds and guides the coordinating body of the Community School initiative. This Oversight Committee will include school representatives, community partners and parents.
- Seek input from teachers, school staff, GASD BOE members, parents and students to determine ongoing needs of students and families
- Manages programs, monitors program quality, logistical issues, timeliness and all aspects of budgeting
- Builds long term relationships with community partners and health care providers.
- Identify and recruit organizations willing to offer programs and services for students and families at the school
- Develop, maintain and publicize a schedule of programs and activities offered throughout the community
- Coordinate and monitor programs and activities
- Facilitate a system of referrals of students and families between service providers
- Facilitate ongoing communications among all constituents implementing a system for feedback
- Evaluate and make recommendations to the Oversight Committee
- School Administrator certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and some weekends
Please visit www.olasjobs.org
Application Deadline: November 27th, 2016