- Becker Career Center
- Computer Engineering, Open Rank Faculty (2 positions), University at Albany, Albany, NY
Computer Engineering, Open Rank Faculty (2 positions)
Posted: 03/02/17 | SHARE:
The College of Engineering and Applied Sciences of University at Albany seeks applicants for open rank (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) tenure-track faculty positions beginning Fall 2017 for its Computer Engineering Department, which will soon be renamed Electrical and Computer Engineering to more accurately reflect its full scope.
The University at Albany is building a research-intensive college of engineering in the tradition of the nation's leading public research institutions, developing academic programs and research thrusts for which we are particularly well positioned by leveraging our considerable existing strengths. The College is in an exciting period of rapid expansion, as this year environmental engineering will join our long-standing programs in computer science and information science, with programs in electrical and computer engineering just launched. This is just the beginning; programs in several other engineering disciplines are currently in development. We expect to create six or more new engineering programs in the College by 2021. All programs will offer fully accredited BS, MS, and PhD degrees. Our undergraduate programs, in particular, will prepare students for careers not just in engineering and other applied sciences, but also for careers and/or postgraduate studies in many other fields, including law, medicine, finance, management, and more.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or a closely related discipline, from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, or anticipate completion by August 2017.
- Applicants must be willing to participate actively in interdisciplinary research.
- Applicants must be willing to teach courses in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Applicants must be able to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Successful applicants will present a record of research accomplishments commensurate with the rank being sought.
- Senior applicants should demonstrate active participation in professional engineering organizations.
- Applicants should be committed to teaching, research, and service in an interdisciplinary environment, and will be encouraged to participate in curriculum development at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have experience in hardware and circuit design, control systems, communications, electromagnetics, RF systems, or energy sources and systems.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Full, Associate or Assistant Professor - Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online: http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=80892
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (with publications and list of at least 3 references with contact information)
- Research Statement
- Teaching Statement
Note: After submitting your CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
This search will remain open until filled.
Date to be filled: Fall 2017