- Becker Career Center
- Computer Science, Professor of Practice/Lecturer (2), Yangtze River Valley, CHINA
Computer Science, Professor of Practice/Lecturer (2)
Posted: 03/02/17 | SHARE:
The Computer Science Department at University at Albany offers Bachelor's and Master's degrees, a combined BS/MS, a computer science minor, and a doctoral program that prepares students for research careers as a creative scholar or industrial scientist. Professors of Practice and Lecturers are integral to the Department's teaching mission, which now includes a dual degree program just launched in Computer Science with Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications in the beautiful Yangtze River Valley of China. Successful applicants will teach in the program core both at UAlbany and, every second or third semester, at Chongqing with additional compensation and all expenses covered. Courses at Chongqing may be from 6 to 12 weeks and may be taught entirely in the classroom, entirely online, or in some combination. All instruction in China will be in English and will include substantial TA support. A variety of courses must be covered including, but not limited to, programming and data structures, software engineering, programming languages, compiler design, operating systems, databases, data analytics, discrete math, and related topics. Professors of Practice and Lecturers are expected to commit to excellence in teaching, and to constant review and improvement of the pedagogy they use to engage and support student learning. Responsibilities are predominantly teaching (base three-four teaching load), combined with university and department-level service. Professors of Practice may play an active role in ongoing program and course development.
- For the campus title of Professor of Practice, a minimum Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related discipline from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization is required.
- For the campus title of Lecturer, a minimum MS in Computer Science or a related discipline from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization is required.
- Applicants must be willing and able to travel to China to teach for up to 12 weeks.
- Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Prior college/university teaching experience
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Lecturer
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=80792
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Sample syllabi
- Names and contact information for at least three references
- Copies of university transcripts showing computer science courses taken are also requested.
Note: After submitting your CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
This search will remain open until filled.
Date to be filled: Fall 2017