Posted: 03/06/17 | SHARE:
This position is responsible for the administration, coordination and assists in the creation and completion of buying group contracts, domestic bid solicitations and proposals and all non-standard AngioDynamics agreements including rebates and capital equipment. The role manages the completion of the RFP/RFI process through coordination with the Corporate Accounts department and the Corporate Accounts Analyst. The Contract Specialist ensures terms and conditions are negotiated to comply with Angio corporate guidelines. The incumbent acts as liaison between Legal, Corporate Accounts, Finance and Sales and Marketing departments to ensure business terms are driving expected corporate business objectives. Coordinates with sales management and Contracts Manager to develop and propose a pricing strategy, including exceptions and concessions for each contract. This position ensures that all pricing and contracts adhere to corporate policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Corporate Accounts, Franchise Sales and Marketing Teams, Finance and Legal to facilitate pricing and contracting with key customers.
- Drives innovation within the department regarding operational efficiency, innovative new deal structures, and novel ways of strategically pricing and contracting
- Maintain a complete understanding of contract requirements to ensure all relevant contract administrative obligations are met in a timely and accurate manner
- Adhere to Angio Policy and Procedures related to Contract Administration and Management, Discount and Pricing, ensuring compliance with government regulations, accurate and reliable accounting application, and reporting obligations.
- Coordinates and assimilates the timely completion of pertinent documents required for proposals and agreements; drives compliance to Angio RFI and RFP processes.
- Is the liaison between the Corporate Contract Management team and the Corporate Legal department
- Responsible for understanding the impacts and results of all awarded contracts for the full lifecycle of those agreements; drives compliance to ensure expectations are achieved
- Ensures the maintenance of a central repository for all documentation related to contracts is complete and up to date. Maintains electronic back-up files for all proposals, pricing and related analysis
- Support Contracts management team in various projects that include but are not limited to; development of process improvements that enhance throughput and leads to greater efficiency.
- Assist in the investigation of pricing discrepancies and issues to determine the root cause for resolution purposes and establish new processes that eliminate future inefficiencies. Interacts with Accounts Receivable when having difficulty collecting payment on invoices.
- Run and analyze ad-hoc reports to support pricing and contract initiatives pertaining to active non-standard pricing agreement negotiations.
- Manage contractual price list files for GPO contracts. Update contractual price list files on a timely basis
- Process and reviews domestic bids carefully to understand all terms/conditions and isolate those that differ from AngioDynamics’ policies. Obtains cross-departmental approvals to ensure compliance adhere to Angio policies and works collaboratively with Corporate Accounts, Marketing and Sales Management to ensure contracts are developed to support achieving corporate objectives.
- Analyzes prices, terms, previous performance, commitments and indications of financial results to make recommendations that support corporate objectives
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements.
- Builds quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
QUALITY SYSTEMS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Individual Contributor - Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Level of Degree in the Business, Communications, Marketing or related field of study.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in contracting administration role or related business field, preferably in the medical device industry.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office and Oracle
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).