Coordinator of Online Teaching and Learning
Albany, NY - Posted on: Friday 06/17/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Coordinator of Online Learning is responsible for overseeing, managing and implementing a range of activities and duties necessary for the operation and ongoing development of online learning initiatives and programs associated with the University at Albany Online Teaching and Learning Office (OTL). The Coordinator works closely with the Associate Provost for Online Learning and administrative staff of the Provost's Office, academic departments, Admissions, faculty, the Information and Technology Services, Institute for Teaching, Learning and Academic Leadership (ITLAL), and a variety of University administrators and departments as required for the purposes of development and operations.
New courses and programs
- Assists with development and implements strategic plans for current online program expansion, new programs, and innovative digital learning initiatives - regionally, nationally and internationally
- Provides OTL with assistance regarding various State application and implementation procedures for delivery of online programs
- Helps develop and assists with filing State applications for delivery of online programs
- Assists and coordinates tasks associated with the production of courses and digital initiatives generated through the OTL RFP including Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- Assist tracking faculty and staff projects through to completion
Marketing and promotion of online programs
- Assists with marketing and promotion of UAlbany online programs including various guides (Peterson's e.g.) and other marketing and promotional activity
- Assists with communications and reporting of strategies, plans, activities, and results to internal and external constituencies
Data collection, reporting and assessment
- Assists with tracking, monitoring and presenting enrollment data and other information about online courses and programs
- Coordinates with Information Technology Services (ITS) and Institutional Research (IR) on maintenance of data files related to online course/instructor activities and trends
- Assists and where necessary initiates the compilation, management and updating of all program and evaluation data associated with online learning programs and initiatives necessary for the completion of US News and World Report Rankings
OpenSUNY and other system-wide initiatives
- Coordinates with Registrar on generation/maintenance of Open SUNY Navigator data file (promotional)
- Participates in OpenSUNY campus coordinator and student concierge meetings as needed and follows up on action items generated through OpenSUNY collaboration
- Participates in statewide events and conferences associated with online learning
- Assists with management of operations and services that support online programs
- Manages orientation/semester communication for online student population
- Provides liaison with ITLAL and ITS around guidance and best practice data related to evolving online pedagogy, instructional methods and emerging technologies
- Assists with the development and implementation of strategic plans associated with online student services including university and program level orientation, tutoring, mentoring, advising, career counseling, etc.
- Serves as staff support for the OTL Steering Committee and stays current on all related UAlbany OTL Committees (e.g. College of Arts & Sciences)
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience in an administrative capacity in a higher education setting; OR Master's degree in a relevant discipline such as higher education administration, instructional technology, or business administration, and 3 years related experience
- Degree must be from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in hybrid/online higher education, including organizational models, delivery formats, technology tools, staffing, processes and workflow
- Experience working with one or more of the major learning management systems, such as Blackboard, Moodle, or Canvas
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and produce reports
- Applicants must address in their cover letter their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline such as Higher Education Administration, Instructional Technology, or Business Administration from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience with Blackboard
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Associate, SL-4
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=71466
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications
- List of 3 references with e-mails and phone numbers
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: July 14, 2016