Core System Assistant
Posted: 03/31/17 | SHARE:
Join Our IT Team!!
FIRST NEW YORK FCU
Core System Assistant
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the setup, implementation, design, and maintenance of the organization’s main and secondary computer processing systems. Forms design within multiple platforms. Programming skills including Java, xml, html, .net adobe forms design are preferred. Must have a complete understanding of database structures and relationships.
Act as a primary resource for staff in providing support in areas related to technology and electronic services. The incumbent must have excellent organization skills, good attention to details, an ability to follow written instructions and documentation, and good problem-solving ability. Credit Union or other financial institution experience preferred. Familiarity with or an ability to learn all credit union savings and loan policies, credit union procedures and all credit union services.
Position: Core System Assistant
Reports to: Core System Supervisor
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Core System Supervisor. The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the setup, implementation, design, and maintenance of the organization’s main and secondary computer processing systems. The incumbent must have excellent organization skills, good attention to details, and an ability to follow written instructions and documentation, and good problem-solving ability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibility for core systems document integration via Symform PDF
- Assist in core systems maintenance and monitoring in effort maximize availability
- Assist in core processing schedule design and maintenance using SMA Opcon as well as Windows Task Scheduler
- Assist in diagnostics of member issues
- Assist in development and scheduling of reports and queries
- Assist in management of Synergy document imaging archive and retrieval system
- Monitor Symitar related URLs, blogs, email threads, etc for possible fixes or enhancements capabilities make recommendations to the CIO for consideration.
- Maintain documentation and maintenance schedules.
- Assist in configuration, support and report development of ARCU
- Capable of assisting or backup for after hours cycle processing
- Provide 24 hour support via paging system as assigned
- Perform off-hour system maintenance and special processing duties.
- Assist in product and application enhancement, integration and deployment utilizing “PowerOn” and other available utilities
- Assist with configuration of consoles, ancillary devices, SymConnect, and other interfaces with core systems
- Assist with testing of front end applications
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in computer technology or 3 years of related experience
- Programming skills including; Java, xml, html, .net adobe forms design are preferred
- Must have a complete understanding of database structures and relationships
- Must be skilled in all Microsoft Office applications including Access
- Credit Union or other financial experience preferred. Familiarity with or an ability to learn all credit union savings and loan policies, credit union procedures and all credit union services
- Must be able to respect confidential information
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills
Send Resume or Application to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to
Terri Clasen, Human Resources Department
First New York FCU,
2 Wall Street, Albany, NY 12205
FAX: 518 690-4180
518 393-1326 ext. 1201
First New York Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, transgender status, gender identity, gender dysphoria, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, marital and familial status, domestic violence victim status, known relationship or association with any member of a protected class or other characteristics protected by applicable law.