Lake Success, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 06/21/16
Status : Full Time
ProHEALTH one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and has been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. Along with outstanding physician leadership, state-of-the art technology, and advanced clinical laboratories, ProHEALTH Care patients enjoy comprehensive and superior medical services at locations throughout Long Island and New York City.
Cytotechnologist - Prohealth Laboratory
Job Summary: Under direction of Lab director or designee, this position will provide leadership, quality control and cytology screening services for both GYN and non-GYN cytological specimens at Prohealth.
1. Maintains effective workflow and operations. Acts as an expert resource within an area of specialty.
2. Drives Quality Improvement initiatives and seeks ways to improve performance and service.
3. Prepares cytological specimens as necessary.
4. Reviews prepared specimens for physician review or independent sign-out as appropriate.
5. Recommends and prepares Standard Operating Procedures for designated area, and provides training in the area of expertise.
6. Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
1. Bachelor's degree required in Medical Laboratory or Life Sciences.
2. NYS Licensure as a Cytotechnologist
3. Registration required: ASCP or NCA Certification/registration
4. 2-5 years related work experience required
5. Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
1. Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
2. Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
3. Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies of cytology.
4. Team Work: Ability to work in a collaborative laboratory team environment
If interested, please email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ProHEALTH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.