- Becker Career Center
- Data Center Computer Associate, Financial Information Services Agency (FISA), New York, NY
Data Center Computer Associate
New York, NY - Posted: 12/13/16 | SHARE:
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Data Center Computer Associate reporting directly to the Shift Supervisor. The Data Center Computer Associate is responsible for assisting computer operators with IBM Tape Library, printing reports & all legal documents using large laser printers and ensuring accuracy at all times, Additional responsibility will be to assist in the operation of check/document inserters.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A certificate from an accredited technical school (approximately 675 hours) with a specialization in computer operations, and two years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last eight years, working on large-scale mainframe computer operations or mainframe data communication networks; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last eight years, as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and four years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last eight years, as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and/or experience equivalent to "1", "2", or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least two years of full-time experience, acquired within the last eight years, as described in "1" above.
• Knowledge of IBM Z series EC12 mainframe
• Knowledge of TSO
• Familiarity with Tape Library (IBM Preferred)
• Familiarity with OCE and IBM laser printers, RSI equipment
• Experience with UNIX Systems a plus
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with DS-1200 Mailing unit.
P95 / P102
TITLE SALARY RANGE:
HIRING RATE: $47,692
INCUMBENT RATE: $54,846
WORK SCHEDULE WOULD BE A 3 DAY WORK WEEK FROM 7:30PM TO 8:00AM.
THE 3 DAY SHIFT WILL ROTATE ON A PRE-DETERMINED SCHEDULE.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 274437. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA
FISA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.