- Becker Career Center
- Designer/Digital Content Producer, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Designer/Digital Content Producer
Gainesville, FL - Posted: 12/19/16 | SHARE:
The UF Office of Sustainability is seeking a full-time OPS Designer/Digital Content Producer for a one-year term. Renewal of the position beyond the initial one-year period will be based on budget and need.
The Designer/Digital Content Producer for the UF Office of Sustainability reports directly to the Outreach and Communications Coordinator. The Designer/Digital Content Producer is primarily responsible for the creation and production of digital and traditional communications and marketing materials through graphic design work and multimedia platforms as well as building content for and maintaining the Sustainable UF website. The Designer/Digital Content Producer will also share oversight of the office’s social media accounts and digital outreach/marketing efforts. Functions include conceptualizing, developing, designing, producing and editing visuals for online/digital and print projects as needed. This is a full-time (40 hrs/week) OPS position. Operations in the Office of Sustainability are fast-paced, high-profile, and immediate priorities are subject to change. Accordingly, this position must be flexible and able to perform with efficiency, diplomacy, and sensitivity.
40% – Web Project Management
- Responsible for managing CMS website, including upgrades to software, managing plugins, and working with themes to best present information.
- Create, build, test, edit and maintain content for website and troubleshoot as needed.
- Design functional and visual design elements for the office’s needs.
- Perform web usage reporting and other analytics including creation of customized reports that detail web usage for specific pages.
- Keep abreast of new technologies, policies and standards that are advocated by UFIT.
- Serve as point-of-contact in the office for best practices related to web technology.
40% – Graphic Design
- Work with office staff to develop design concepts for specific projects or campaigns.
- Create design pieces in either digital or print format as needed for the office including, but not limited to: newsletters, invitations, flyers, infographics, brochures, posters/signs, presentations, logos, web graphics, promotional items, etc.
- Work with printers/vendors on obtaining quotes, supplying appropriate pre-press files, and approving proofs for printed items or promotional materials.
- Serve as a point-of-contact in office for best practices related to the UF brand standards.
15% – Social Media/Multimedia Development
- Assist with the management of the office’s social media accounts including oversight of communications interns, assistance with the creation/deployment of social media campaigns, and tracking/reporting of social media analytics.
- Assist with the development of additional multimedia vehicles, such as video production/editing and digital photography.
5% – Other
- Perform related duties as requested or deemed appropriate to accomplish the responsibilities and functions of the Office of Sustainability.
This position is expected to perform the job with minimal supervision.
Successful applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Graphic Design, Web Design, or a related field.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite for design purposes (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Acrobat, etc.)
- Must be proficient with CMS website software (i.e. WordPress or Terminalfour)
- Must have experience with website statistical reporting/analytics
- Ability to work independently and with a team in an office environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and a high level of professionalism and ethics
- Individual must have the ability to draft materials quickly and display independent decision-making, while being able to meet deadlines and operate with various levels of supervision
- Experience using Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro to edit and create videos
- Photography / videography experience
Commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Th